The 5 books that you need to begin your journey into a better and healthier life. There is no better time to start than NOW>>>
"Here on Missionsradio, we will not give ideas that have no chance of working for you. The goal of Wellness Wednesday, is to offer scientific, God-centered solutions to what ails you in body and mind. We, as humans in a world full of blessings as well as cursings, are unified beings which are spirits, living in bodies, and capable of feelings and personalities. When principles to healthy living are followed, easier adjustments to health can be attained and results are certainly to follow.
Finally, remember God is the creator, designer, and healer in this earth. He does not fail, but moves on us to adopt His ways, which brings us into a coordinated plan, governed by God."
To Our Health and Wellness,
Athens, Texas, USA.
Key #5 (of 7):
Reduce Toxins in Your Environment
"Let us purify ourselves from everything thaty contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God."
(2 Cor 7:1)
In a study of average people in New York, laboratories found an average of 91 industrial compounds in the urine and feces of 9 volunteers. This is what one calls toxic! Many of these have been called cancer-causing by the National Toxicology Program or the E.P.A.. Some of the more common were: Insecticides, Asbestos, Metals (aka. heavy metals), and Chlorine.
Did you know after taking a hot shower, you take in Chlorine through your skin? This is not healhty. Some things you can choose to do about it: Drink Bottled water.Get a carbon-filter for your showerhead which mustn't be serviced for one year. They cost less than installing a water-filtration system in your home (start at 1,000 U.S. Dollars) and reportedly remove 90% of all chlorine from your water. If you bathe, you can put a filter ball in your tub. These are not too expensive and can save you from health problems due to chlorine exposure (e.g. yeast overgrowth in your gut, hair breakage, fatigue, and dry skin).
1) Consume organic when possible.
2) Open windows in your home.
3) Drink only bottled water.
4) Shower in purified water.
5) Don't heat food in plastic.
6) Don't cook with Teflon or non-stick cookware.
7) Use natural soaps/detergents.
These tips can save your organs, literally. Kidney disease is not uncommon throughout the world, and toxins are a major reason kidneys have trouble. If you want to feel better and lighten the load on your system due to toxic-burden, make small changes- now!
Principles to live by for... Blessed Health
1) Eat to Live! Don't live to eat. It's an attitude. Calories are not usually important here except for weight-loss. Eating nutrient-rich greens, for example, would have more energy producing nutrients than a Big Mac at McDonalds.
2) Supplement your diet with Whole Food. A healthy option for a multi-vitamin/mineral would be one found at a health-food store and that has whole food ingredients as opposed to laboratory synthetic vitamins (e.g. Source of Life by Nature's Plus).
3) Practice Advanced Hygeine. A more in depth study of Scripture is needed, but in short, God has common-sense rules for day-to-day hygiene and we should follow them. For example, brush your teeth with a natural toothpaste and keep your finger-nails shorter so less bacteria and viruses can inhabit them.
4) Condition your body with exercise. Calisthenics are the kind we're talking about here. Walking is still a great way to condition your body. Easy does it. Also, sleep is esssential! It would be better to take something (OTC like Melatonin sublinguals, even Benedryl / ZzzQuil) in order to get your sleep-cycle on track than let it continue off course, leading to disease conditions.
5) Reduce toxins in your environment. Chlorine in water, synthetic air-fresheners can make you feel drab. Use a bathtub filter-ball or a shower head filter if you can't afford fitting your pipes with a filter. This is more costly (about 1-2000 dollars).
6) Avoid deadly emotions. It's the small stuff that means more to your spiritual health than the big stuff. Reduce your stress and trauma by taking an inventory and reducing your daily frustrations by facing them- daily and forgiving.
7) Live a life of prayer and purpose. Know you are called, and shine the Light to a dark world rather than merely pursue goals. Goals can focus but can't fulfill. Living a life of purpose means, keeping yourself open to the all-knowing conscience within which can give you protection from the world as you just BE-ing yourself, in Christ, and don't focus on DOING as much as being.
Posting from the 4/15/2105 Morning Show Program..
"The Brain is the Hardware of the Soul" (Dr. Daniel Amen, M.D.)
1) Protect your brain as it is the consistency of soft butter, in an environment of bony ridges.
Avoid hard contact sports and use protective gear for those involved in a sport that hits head on head. (*Dr. Amen encourages parents to not allow children to participate in full contact football)
2) Feed your brain. Eat foods high in good fats such as olives, butter, almonds, walnuts, and cold-water wild fish (salmon, mackerel, herring, halibut and tuna). These fats protect and nourish your brain so it can help you as you lead often complicated lives and multi-tasked daily grinds.
3) Make new experiences. Learn something new such as ballroom dancing, take art classes, learn a new sport or a new board game. Having variety in one's life is stimulating and thus good for "neurogenesis" or the making of new brain cells.
4) Supplement your brain: Take a good quality multi-vitamin/mineral, protein, fats, and complex carbohydrate. (in easy to digest form such as in fish or yogurt, or protein shake). Dr. Amen's website has a list of brain friendly nutritional supplements for you to choose from today.
5) Don't worry about things outside of your control. "Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff." Know who you are as God's child and whose you are, for peace of mind.
Not treatments but merely suggestion based on the best of nutritional science.
Suggestions for a detox:
1) go on a 3 day fast to tell the body you are on a healing "mission" which is a purification mission.
2) reduce sugar intake esp. If it is estrogen related
3) don't wear yourself out; this is a distance endeavor-not a sprint.
4) take L-Glutamine
5) pray and deal with toxic emotions (Get "real" with God
Supplements which support the body:
2) Amino-Acid Glutamine helps body during times of stress.https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/glutamine 14 gms. daily is the ceiling for benefits and appears to be safe up to that amount.
Used as a side-effect regulator for chemo in western-medicine protocols
3) Pau D'arco tea is a S. American purifying tea which some cultures have used for centuries to purify the body and expel foreign antigens..
4) D.I.M. Is a natural estrogen blocker for indicated situations
5) IP-6 w/Inositol
6) mushrooms (not your garden variety but explicit Asian specialties: Maitake and Shitake
*Anything that reduces inflammation in the body could be theoretically helpful for the body during times of stress. (eg. Advil, Aleve or Mr. Jordan Rubin's F.Y.I.)